Puerto Rico

Beachin Art Diaries: Making Art at the Beach


Hello Creatives! I'm so glad to be back, I took a little break without notice and it was the best thing ever. I had the time to play, be free and yet again, I did my best work thanks to it. This easy read is as refreshing as this spring season, I hope you all can join me in this art/travel adventure in which I will be drawing and painting at the beach, but first let me tell you more about it.

Beachin Art Diaries was born at Sardinera Beach, Hatillo Puerto Rico on March 19th, 2017. The day was perfect, it was sunny but breezy, the water was deliciously warm in the shore, but a bit colder as you got deeper. I was taking a break from the hectic non sustainable life I was living, I needed to find myself again, get organised and prioritise in order to live a truly happy life. I wanted to get in touch with my old self, the one that used to be adventurous & spontaneous, the one that went on beach trips every time I could and the one that was happy to even get a glance at the sea from the window.

Somewhere along the way I lost myself, and things started to change. I wanted to do so many things that I just hit a dead end, because truly nothing was flowing, that was until my best friend and supporter of all the things I want to do told me "You need to let things flow, do them when they feel natural and you need to cut back on the things you want to do to be more productive", somehow I knew this in the back of my mind, but hearing those words from the people who cares just reasoned with me.

That glorious Sunday I started feeling free, relaxed, with no pressure at all. After an incredible swim, I sat on the sand, took a deep breath of salty air and started to feel sun kissed, it was then that I got this huge desire to draw. I had a small sketchbook, pencils and a micron pen on my beach bag, so I started to draw some jelly fish. I couldn't believe the nice drawing I did with minimal supplies, sometimes having too many art supplies can left me feeling tired, by trying to figure out which ones to use. Then, it hit me, I can start being adventurous again as I could go searching for new beaches to draw & paint in. The amazing energy I got during that day, it is something I want to keep feeling all the time, and that's why I'm on this journey with my creativity and the love of my life. Hope everyone feels inspired by this, that it could make you start your own creative adventure.

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

Latest on Youtube

Latest Pins